HOW TO USE LOW CHEMICAL HAIR DYE
- Apply to freshly washed, dry hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon/spatula to mix the dye.
- Slowly add 300-350ml warm water to the dye powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to stirred yoghurt or pancake batter. It must be thick enough not to run off your hair and thin enough to apply easily and smoothly.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel and put on the gloves.
- Apply dye to your hair in sections using your fingers. Start with the roots and work your way to the ends. Avoid your ears and hair line.
- When your hair is covered, pile it on top of your head. Wipe any dye off your ears and hairline.
- Cover your head with cling wrap and wrap a towel around your head. This ensures that the dye is tightly packed on your roots and that your head is warm. A shower cap or plastic bag is not as effective as it allows your roots to ‘spring’ away from your scalp and possibly out of the dye mixture.
- Leave the dye on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly until the water runs clear. This is very important. If the dye is not thoroughly rinsed out before shampooing, the colour may bleed for days afterwards.
- Give your hair two vigorous shampoos and condition.
- If your hair feels dry after using Love My Hair, 3 days after dye application you can apply extra-virgin coconut oil to your roots and comb through. Leave it on for a couple of hours and then shampoo and condition your hair. It’s a good idea to give your hair a coconut oil treatment on a regular basis, but please use the organic, extra-virgin oil. The deodorized version is not as effective.
- Do not inhale or ingest the dye.
- Do not use any chemical hair dye if you have had an allergic reaction in the past. This could include redness, itching or welts.
- Do not dye your eye lashes.
- Do not apply the dye to broken or irritated skin.
- If the dye mixture comes into contact with the eyes, wash immediately with water.
- We recommend avoiding chemical hair dyes in pregnancy.
- Keep the package and its contents away from children.
If the dye packet is unopened and kept in a cool place it will last over 24 months. After opening, reseal the packet tightly and store it in a cool, dry and dark place.